Name Changes

If you plan to pay filing fees with cash, you must pay with exact change.


This information is not intended to be legal advice, but a brief explanation of the basic procedure that is required.  Probate Court personnel cannot give legal advice about your particular situation or complete your forms for you. You are not required to have an attorney; however, the Court cannot act as your attorney. If you do not understand process or have questions on what to do, you will need to obtain other assistance.

Name Change for 22 and Older

Petition to Change Name for Minor - 21 Packet (PDF) Opens in new window

Name Change for Minor - Age 21 Packet

Petition to Change Name for 22 and older Packet (PDF) Opens in new window