- Benton Metal Recycling: 1256 Milton Rd., Benton Harbor. 269-926-1161.
- Berrien County Community Recycling Events: electronics are accepted at the community collection days coordinated by Berrien County Parks Department.
- Best Buy: 1515 Orchard Crossing, Benton Harbor. 269-926-0052. Accepts televisions up to 32 feet, flat screen TV up to 60 inches, computers and peripherals, printers, radios, and small electronics. Call 296-926-0052 or visit the Best Buy website for full list of accepted items. Fees charged on televisions and computer monitors is $25 per item.
- Friends of New Troy Recycling Event: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., New Troy Community Center, 13372 California Rd., New Troy/Weesaw Township. Accepts all types of electronics. Fee of $10/computer monitor and $20/TV due at the event.
- Green Earth Electronics Recycling: 4200 Niles Rd., St. Joseph. 269-326-1232. electronics recycling drop-off hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 296-326-1232 about pick up service options. www.greenearth1.com. Recycling services provided to residents, businesses, and institutions. Accepts: Air conditioners, All consumer electronics with a power cord or battery, Chain saws, Dehumidifiers, Freezers, Household electronics, Laptops, Monitors, Office electronics, Power tools, Refrigerators, Small and large appliances, TVs, VCR/DVD players, Computers. There is a handling fee of $10 per computer monitor and $20 per television, any kind. Contact Green Earth for information about their disk and hard drive destruction services.
- Padnos Benton Harbor Division: 1410 N. Paw Paw Ave., Benton Harbor, 269-927-1030. Accepts: most types of electronics and appliances. Fees apply on computer monitors and TVs.
- Padnos Redbud Recycling Division: 15565 Walton Rd., Buchanan, 269-695-6804. Accepts: most types of electronics and appliances. Fees apply on computer monitors and TVs.
- Radio Shack: 722 S. 11th St., Niles. 269-684-7368. Accepts small electronics/e-waste including radios, telephones, computers, monitors (fees apply), printers, cameras, televisions (fees apply), computer accessories, remote controls, headphones, and any small device with a cord or operating on batteries. Also accepted are power cords, cables, wires and other connections, etc.
- Staples: 1485 Mall Dr., Benton Harbor. 269-927-2242. Accepts computers, monitors, peripherals, desktop printers, other small electronics. No TVs or large equipment. Call 296-927-2242 or visit the Staples website for a complete list of accepted items.
- Electronics Repair Shops: ask at your computer and electronics repair shop if they can recycle some of your unwanted equipment.
Why You Should Recycle Electronics
Electronics are a fast growing portion of trash in America. They are made with valuable materials such as steel, glass, plastic, and precious metals. Plus, electronics can present an environmental hazard if they are disposed of improperly. With an average of four pounds of lead in many older TV picture tubes or computer monitors, along with other potentially hazardous materials, electronics call for special handling at the end of their lives.