- 2:30 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Administration Center
701 Main Street
St. Joseph, MI 49085
View the 2017 meeting calendar (PDF) for this commission.
- Lois Foster
- Teri Freehling
- William Hodge
- J. B. Hoyt
- Rodney Krieger
- Eric Lester
- James Meister
- James Schueneman
- Julia Smith
- Vickie Wagner
- Les White
The Community Development Department serves as staff to the Berrien County Planning Commission. It is the function of the Berrien County Planning Commission to make a plan for the development of the county in cooperation with municipalities. The plan with accompanying maps, plats, charts and descriptive matter shall show the Commission’s recommendations for the development of the County.
The plan shall be made with the purpose of guiding development of the County in accordance with present and future needs for best promoting the following quality of life items:
- Efficiency and Economy in the Process Development
- Prosperity and General Welfare of the Inhabitants
It is also the role of the Commission to:
- Make studies, investigations, and surveys relative to the economic, social and physical development of the County;
- Formulate plans and make recommendations for the most effective economic, social and physical development of the County;
- Cooperate with all departments of the state and federal governments and other public agencies concerned with directed towards the economic, social and physical development of the County, and seek the maximum coordination of the County programs of these agencies;
- Consult with representatives of adjacent counties in respect to their planning so that conflicts in over-all county plans may be avoided.